Digimap has produced a system called DISCUS which takes the paper based schematics and the Duct Space Record cards and displays them seamlessly in an efficient manner.
The schematics are held in Esri’s ArcGIS Server software with desktop editing of the duct, cable and fibre networks. The Duct Space Record data is held in SQL Server.
This is a low cost but highly effective options for smaller telecoms jursdictions.
Originally created for use in the telecoms industry Digimap have also been approached by Universities, airport and harbour authorities and can customise the system to meet varying needs of users.
Digimap are able to provide a complete service, from the initial data capture to the fully installed finished product, with comprehensive manuals and training.
The system also contains multiple integrity checks which report discrepancies in your utility network, something not possible in paper based records.
- Provide fully digitised utility network connectivity
- Allow network tracing
- Identify Distribution Points (DPs) affected as a result of a break
- Calculate the combined length of ducts
- Calculate network critical distances e.g. for ADSL2
- Hold all data once only
- Use data extracted from 3rd party / legacy systems
- Computerise the Duct Space Record cards (DSR) in a multi user, secure and audit trailed environment
- Provide a detailed asset register
- Use the DSR records to provide the data and labelling of the Schematic diagrams
- Provide integration between the Duct and Cable Schematics through the Duct Space Record cards
- Ability to print at multiple scales
- Advanced searching for Distribution Points (DP’s), Ducts, Cables and Fibres
So, if you would like to have your paper based records digitised, start a new project and require it to be computer based and require an excellent, powerful and affordable system, then contact Digimap.